Have you been locked out of your car? There is nothing to get worried about! It can happen to anyone. A few tips given in this blog can help you fix this problem. But what you need to do is stay calm and think about the options. Now, don’t waste your time! Follow these tips to get rid of this embarrassing situation.
Tips for Getting Rid of a Car Lockout
Here is what to do if you are locked out of your car.
1. Think of where the Spare Key Is
Every car owners need to have a set of spare keys. Even it’s also beneficial for homeowners as well. So, remember where it is kept. Think deeply! There will be someone who can bring it to you. If you have it on hand, it will be easy to gain access to your car. Otherwise, you have to invest in a car key replacement. Or, you have to ask for a temporary key from the car dealer.
2. You Can Ask For Roadside Assistance
Verify whether you have a policy that offers roadside assistance. If so, save your roadside assistance info on your phone. The policy will cover the cost of a lockout.
3. Try to Unlock the Door on Your Own
There are many DIY tricks you can utilize to get rid of a car lockout. These are as follows:
• Use the Tennis Ball: This trick can apparently work. Well, what you need to do is make a hole in the ball. Place it over the keyhole and then push it. The air force from the tennis ball may unlock the door of your car.
• Your Shoelace Can help: This approach may take a while. And it will work for a car that comes with a pulling mechanism. However, you need to tie a small loop and push the shoelace gently into the door. Then get the loop around the lock and pull up.
• Coat Hanger Can Be Used: This method works best with horizontal locks. Untwist the wire of your coat hanger to make a hook that will work into the door. Get this hook around the lock and pull it up.
• Use A Screwdriver And A-Rod: Be careful while applying this method. It’s because this tool may damage the interior and exterior of a car. However, create a space with a screwdriver and push the lock with a rod.
• Take Help Of An Inflatable Wedge: This method is the same as the screwdriver. The tool uses air to open the door. And with its help, you can open the door of a car within a minute. There will be no paint damage created in this approach. But the tool is quite pricey.
4. Call a Locksmith
The best option is to call a locksmith. They will give you an excellent car lockout solution. The experts will reach the spot as soon as they receive your call.
We, Wilson’s Locksmith, can help you in this respect at an affordable price. Our experts are available 24/7 hours. Read our other blogs to know more.